Welcome to Sweet Saturday at Charlene Blogs. This week we're layering up with a beautiful parfait. I got this recipe from TasteOfHome.com. Thank you Taste of Home for allowing us to share them. :)
Hazelnut Cheesecake Parfaits
|Hazelnut Cheesecake Parfaits Recipe |
photo by Taste of Home
Prep: 25 min. + chilling
Yield: 2 Servings
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coffee yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whipped topping
- 2 whole chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- Chocolate curls and additional whipped topping, optional
- In a small heavy skillet, cook and stir the hazelnuts over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until blended. Beat in yogurt and vanilla; fold in whipped topping.
- In two parfait glasses, layer the graham crackers, yogurt mixture, chocolate mixture and hazelnuts. Refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with chocolate curls and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 parfait (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 425 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Let me know how they turn out for you! Any variations to personalize it to your taste?
Until next time, may your dreams be magical.