Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never Forget 9-11-2001


I'll never forget the day.  



I was working at Chart Bank at the time. I think every employee, and many of the customers, were gathered in the conference room staring at the television screen. It was then the second airplane flew into the other tower. Ice flew threw me so fast it numbed my arms and my legs felt like noodles. We couldn't believe we'd just seen it happen, and several people had to quiet everyone down to hear the report. I just stood there.  Staring at that screen.      

When I had to head back to bookkeeping, everyone in the office tried to look busy.  It was dead quiet...except for the radio in the corner giving updates.  I finally gave up and turned, starting at the little rectangular box on the file cabinet.  (Thank you Melody for sneaking it in so I could listen to my early Christmas music CDs.)

My heart sank that day for the victims, their families, and for the fact people could do such a thing.  And in the days that followed, reports of heroes risking their lives and working so hard to save the lives and lessen the pain of others reignited my faith in humanity that the terrorists took.

No, I'll never forget.




     Charlene






No comments: