Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Library--Of Course!

I've realized, and I don't know why it's just now striking home, but libraries are everywhere.  And in this slow economy, people are checking out what they have in stock when the budget doesn't allow them to buy.

If you can get your book listed in a library, it generates automatic orders to any area library. At least that's what happened when Penny C. Sansevieri dropped a copy of her book off at the main library.  I'm definitely going to donate a few copies of Cornerstone Deep and, once it's released in Feb, Cornerstone Deep Echoes.  According to the American Library Association, libraries buy nearly $1.8 billion in books annually.

Have you had any experience with this?  I'm all ears!






.

2 comments:

Susan Gourley said...

My first fantasy book, The Keepers of Sulbreth went to many local libraries and I googled it and found it in other libraries across the nation. It's a cool feeling.

Charlene A. Wilson said...

How cool is that! So they do become available everywhere. Thanks, Susan!