Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sweet Saturday ~ Caramel Pear Pudding





Welcome to Sweet Saturday at Charlene Blogs.  With my tree overloaded with pears, I've been looking for new ways to serve them up.  I think I found a winner here. This week I'm sharing a caramely sweet dessert that's super easy to make and just as easy to cuddle up next to your love with and share (if you can bring yourself to actually share it).  *wink*  I got this recipe from TasteOfHome.com.  Thank you Taste of Home for allowing us to share them. :)

Diane Halferty of Corpus Christi, Texas says, "This is a lovely winter dessert that uses pears that are seasonally available.  I enjoy snacking on it in front of the fireplace."  And I'll add the cuddling and sharing part just cause I'm a romantic. *smile*



Caramel Pear Pudding



Caramel Pear Pudding
Recipe photo by Taste of Home


  • Prep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
  • Yield: 10 Servings
















Ingredients
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 cup 2% milk
  • 4 medium pears, peeled and cubed
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup boiling water
  • Vanilla ice cream, optional

Directions
  • In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Stir in milk until smooth. Add pears and pecans. Spread evenly into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
  • In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; stir in boiling water. Pour over batter (do not stir). Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until pears are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.




Cuddle up and enjoy.  Let me know how it works out for you!   





Until next time, may your dreams be magical.
  


     Charlene




No comments: