Wednesday, October 10, 2012

On Highlighted Author ~ Armineh Ohanian, The Apple Tree Blossoms in the Fall




Today, over on my Highlighted Author blog, I'm pleased to present Armineh Ohanian and her book The Apple Tree Blossoms in the Fall.  Click the Read More link below to enjoy the presentation. *smile*

~ * ~

 Join me in welcoming Armineh Helen Ohanian to Highlighted Author.

Armineh was brought up in Iran before the Islamic revolution; earned her BA with honors from the Open University in the U.K. and lived in twelve countries before landing on the peaceful shores of Long Island. She paid her way through school writing the weekly romance feature in her church magazine in Tehran and translating children’s storybooks from English to Farsi. Among her published works are Dreaming of AmericaThe Talking Animals and MagicThe Talking Animals, a collection of classical fables, has been used in schools in Long Island since 2003. But she’s here today with her new release, The Apple Tree Blossoms in the Fall.

Armineh Helen Ohanian
Welcome, Armineh, please tell us about yourself.

I began my writing career as a teenager.  At the age of fifteen, I wrote children’s stories and sent them unanimously to our church monthly magazine, Noor Jahan, in Tehran. Although, this happened ages ago, I never forget the day when I saw my first story in print.  It happened on a Sunday after the church service when I bought the magazine from the church bookstore.

As I began leafing through the pages with trembling fingers, I suddenly came across my story.  Though, my heart was fluttering with joy and excitement, I decided to keep calm and refrain from sharing the good news with my friends who were standing by me in the churchyard.

Read More...







Until next time, may your dreams be magical.
  


     Charlene



No comments: