Friday, August 24, 2012

Sweet Saturday~Heart of My Heart Tarts


Welcome to Sweet Saturday at Charlene Blogs.  For the next four months (all the way through the holidays), I'm going to be sharing some treats that you can make for your sweetheart, family, friends, and, of course, for you.

Now, if you know me at all, you know that simple is King.  Make it easy, and you've won my cooking and baking attention.  My daughters can attest to my inept abilities in the kitchen--just yesterday I burned the baked squash beyond crisp.  I made them promise not to hit me over the head with it as I cracked it on the counter top.  So, rest assured these recipes will be easy as well as yummy. *smile* And rest assured that I am not the creator of these treats.  All credit will be given to the wonderful sources.

To begin  Sweet Saturday off, I'm sharing a recipe for Heart of My Heart Tarts that I found at TasteOfHome.com.  They have some wonderful goodies there and you should check them out.



Heart of My Heart Tarts Recipe photo by Taste of Home  

Prep: 15 min + chilling.

Bake: 25 min. + cooling.

Yield: 8 servings.












      Ingredients
  • 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened 
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened 
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour 
      Filling  
  • 1 egg 
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
     Directions
  • In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy; beat in flour until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. 
  • Shape dough into eight balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased heart-shaped or regular muffin cups. In a small bowl, beat egg. Beat in brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Stir in walnuts. Spoon into cups. 
  • Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.

Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 each) equals 346 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.


Enjoy!  And let me know how that special someone or someones like them. *smile*




Until next time, may your dreams be magical.  

     Charlene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM!! Charlene - I'm definitely going to give these a whirl - I like the recipe as is, but I think I might change it up a teeny bit by adding mini choc. chips and subtracting the nuts for my grandchildren. Let you know how that turns out:)

Charlene A. Wilson said...

Great idea! I think they'd be fun for kids to make too. My daughter is learning to bake and stuff like this builds her kitchen confidence. Lol. (and I do better with the easy stuff)