~Blythe, Charlene A. Wilson's PA
Thai Shrimp Pasta Salad
- 6 ounce(s) farfalle (bow tie pasta), uncooked
- 1 lb(s) unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 2 tsp hot chile oil
- 2 tsp commercial roasted garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat spicy Indonesian dressing
- 1 cup(s) green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can straw mushrooms, drained
- 8 lime wedges (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; rinse with cold water, and drain again. Place pasta in a large bowl; set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add dressing to skillet, deglazing skillet by scraping particles that cling to bottom. Stir in green pepper, ground pepper and mushrooms. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp mixture to pasta; toss lightly. Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.