Here we are at the last Saturday in September. Which brings us to the last four parts to our September’s Saturday Character Questionnaire. By the time you have your hero/heroine answer all 253 questions I’ve presented through this series, they’ll be smiling and feeling whole.
If you’ve missed any of the prior posts, you can find them here…
Pour that refreshment and have them sit back and relax. These, for the most part, are more fun.
- What one act in your past are you most ashamed of?
- What one act in your past are you most proud of?
- Have you ever been in a physical fight before? Over what, with whom, and who won?
- What do you feel most strongly about?
- What do you pretend to feel strongly about, just to impress people?
- What trait do you find most admirable and how often do you find it?
- Is there anything you think should not be incorporated into the media or arts? (i.e., sex, violence, etc). What and why or why not?
- Do you think the future is hopeful? Why or why not?
- Do you think redemption is possible? Why or why not?
- Is there something you think is absolutely unforgivable? What is it?
- Is it okay for men to cry?
- Is it okay for you to cry?
- What do you think is wrong with most people, overall?
- What is the worst thing you could ever do to someone you hated?
- Do you have feeling that disturb you? What and why?
- One what occasions do you lie?
- Do you think it is okay to lie?
- Tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.
- What do you think now of being supernatural? Is it cool or have you been screwed?
- Do you have a mentor? Describe them and how you became their student.
- Do you have any magical items? Where did you get them?
- Think of a major event that happened during your training/initiation. Describe the experience.
- What is something you had to learn during your training that you hated? Why did you hate it?
- What is something you had to learn during your training that you loved? Why did you love it?
Goals and Future
- What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you could choose, how would you want to die?
- If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
- What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
- If you could, what advice would you, the hero, give to the villain? Or If you could, why would you, the villain want the hero to be at your side or part of your team?
- What is the worst injury you’ve ever received? How did it happen?
- How ticklish are you? Were are you ticklish?
- What would you wish for if you ever found a genie?
- If your house burned down, what one thing would you want to save?
- Describe yourself sitting in your favorite spot.
- How do you go to sleep and how do you wake up? (position, routine, etc).
- What is a dream (during sleep) that you have often?
- What is a day dream that you have often?
- If you were to die and come back as any person or thing, what or who would you want to be?
- What is your motto?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What time period you wish you could have lived in? Why? (This is not a chance to change history). What appeals to you about this era?
- If you could go back to any point in history and change something, what would it be?
They did it! Give your real hero/heroine a hearty pat on the back or deserving hug. They’re alive and ready to face/react to whatever your storyline throws at them. They know who they are inside and out. Congratulations!
Thank you Anastasia V. Pergakis for helping us all round out our characters and find out who they really are. You built a fantastic list!
Good luck, everyone, on your next project. Thanks for following along through the month of September. Let me know how this character interview worked for you. I’m very interested to know your experience with it.