I've chosen a personal favorite of mine this week. I used to love to visit my neighborhood fruit market and get these. The lovely lady made them from strawberries she was selling...a great sales idea for sure!
These Candied-Almond Chocolate Strawberries are diabetic friendly, so everyone can enjoy! Laura McAllister, of Morganton, North Carolina has a bit of advice to make it extra special. "Sprinkle the serving tray with crushed almonds. Lay strawberries on top, and garnish with mint leaves."
Candied-Almond Chocolate Strawberries Recipe
|Candied-Almond Chocolate Strawberries Recipe|
photo by Taste of Home
Yield: 60 Servings
Prep: 35 min. + standing
- 60 fresh strawberries (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups honey-roasted almonds
- 1 package (10 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process to desired fineness. Transfer to a shallow bowl; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; add cayenne and stir until smooth. Dip strawberries in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll berries in almonds; place on waxed paper and let stand until set. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 dipped strawberry equals 52 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Let me know how they turn out for you!
Until next time, may your dreams be magical.