Welcome to Sweet Saturday at Charlene Blogs. This week we're keeping it cool and fluffy. *wink* I got this recipe from TasteOfHome.com. Thank you Taste of Home for allowing us to share them. :)
Here's a quick, light, lip-smacking treat with a lovely lemon flavor. Thank you Leola McKinney of Morgantown, West Virginia for this recipe. It's diabetic friendly so I hope you all can enjoy it. *smile
Lemon Fluff Dessert
|Lemon Fluff Dessert Recipe photo by Taste of Home|
- Prep: 25 min. + chilling
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pour milk into a small metal bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 1-1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter; set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form. Beat gelatin until tiny bubbles form. Fold milk into gelatin. Pour over prepared crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 221 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Let me know how they turn out for you!
Until next time, may your dreams be magical.