Welcome to Sweet Saturday at Charlene Blogs. We're going with a sweet creamy bisque this week that would be great for the Thanksgiving season. I got this recipe from TasteOfHome.com. Thank you Taste of Home for allowing us to share them. :)
Elaine Sweet, Dallas, Texas, says, "This lightly sweet and fruity squash soup makes a lovely first course for Thanksgiving. The texture is creamy and smooth."
Pear Squash Bisque with Cinnamon Cream
|Pear Squash Bisque with Cinnamon Cream|
Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- Prep: 30 min. Cook: 25 min.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 2 medium butternut squash (3 pounds each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 4-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- For cinnamon cream, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, maple syrup and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Peel squash. Scoop out seeds and pulp; rinse and pat seeds dry. In a small bowl, combine the squash seeds, butter and jerk seasoning. Spread onto a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, cut squash into cubes. In a large saucepan, combine the squash, broth and pears; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process squash mixture in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan. Add brown sugar and seasonings. Gradually stir in whipping cream. Garnish soup with cinnamon cream and spiced seeds.
Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts)
1 cup equals 254 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 3 g protein.
I'm definitely trying this one. Let me know how you like it. Enjoy!
Until next time, may your dreams be magical.