It's that time of year again, my loves, when all the great food and recipes come out of those cookbooks. And I'm back with the weekly shares to make your holidays buzz with happy tummies!
This year, I'm going with Savory Sunday, so all foods are apt to be shared right here on Charlene Blogs. *big smile*
We're starting off with a luscious Creamy Pumpkin soup, thanks to Woman&Home.com*.
This is healthy vegetarian soup to warm those hearts and tummies, and according to W&H, it's great for kicking those colds and burning that fat!
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Total time: 40 mins
- Calories: 108 per serving
- Freeze: yes
- Prepare ahead: yes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 fat red chilies, deseeded (if you don't like it too hot) and diced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
- 18fl oz vegetable broth
- 1lb 9oz pumpkin (or butternut squash) flesh, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 7fl oz reduced-fat coconut milk
- In a large non-stick pan gently cook the onion, chilies and lemongrass in 1 to 2tbsp of the broth for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the pumpkin and carrot and cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the remaining vegetable broth and coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until very tender. Blend until smooth and garnish with chilies to serve.
*Get this recipe and more at Woman&Home.com!
Until next time,
May your dreams be magical.