So, I called up my FeedBurner account and ran a "Feed Validator" to see what the problem was. Oh. My. Word! Practically a third of the coding listed was highlighted bright yellow. Which means...*humongous sigh* I have problems! It's the reason this post in in simple type with no images or nice font. AND please forgive me if my past posts look a bit off for a time while I get things straight.
Advice: DO NOT use MSWord to type up your post and then copy and paste into Blogger. It's coding messes with the feed. And heavens! DO NOT just copy and paste from your WordPress blogs/sites (if you have them) cause that little shortcut messes with it too. Same with pics....
But, first things first.
I started to tackle all that yellow one clump at a time--going through the coding of each post. Then I realized it would be easier to fix one type of coding at a time so that I wasn't having to trying to remember how I fixed a thing the next time around.
So, I took one on: <div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on">
Yup, that bugger was a pill. And I had 32 of them. The bad thing, according to FeedBurner, is the "trbidi=" part. But it simply wouldn't go away. I tried deleting it and saving my post. Didn't work. Blogger gave me a "DIV" error message. And the code kept coming back each time I thought I fixed it. I googled it, surfed for definitions, trying to figure out what it means to begin with. What I found was a slew of others having the same issues...some without much success.
Doing all this, I thought, "I bet my peeps are having some of the same problems." and I decided to blog my fixing journey...just in case.
Okay... It ends up being connected to the translation thing in Blogger settings. Here's what I did:
- Go to Settings and select Language and Formatting.
- Under Enable Transliteration, DISABLE.
- Go to your post and Edit HTML
- On that first line where that pesky "trbidi=" thing is, highlight the code ( mine was: <div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on"> ) and replace it with a harmless text-align code. I used <div style="text-align: left;">
- Then Update your post.
This worked for me. FeedBurner knocked it off the list of things for me to fix. I'll hope this helps someone. Once I get this all done and figure out the next clump, I blog about it, too.
In non-fancy, unpretty closing...
Until next time, may your dreams be magical.